Monday 7 September 2009

Being told off by Neu!


I've been standing in a bit at Clash a bit recently whenever their editorial staff have been away. I was asked to do their monthly Personality Clash section, so phoned up Neu!'s Michael Rother and Fujiya & Miyagi's David Best. All this involves is conference calling them and listening to them chat about Krautrock. Unfortunately I was a bit late for the interview so they'd already started. I asked if they wouldn't mind terribly to please start again. Mr Rother replied:

"Hardly! Ve have been speaking for minutes already and I vill never get zem back".

This refusal to accept any slight inadequacy during the interview goes some way to show what a perfectionist Mr Rother is. After all, only a perfectionist could have made music as beautiful as Neu! Read the interview here.


No comments:

Post a Comment